Tuesday, February 03, 2009

A Filmmaker is Born

it is 2:20a.m when i'm writing this blog. few minutes ago in the middle of writing chapter 5 of my doctoral thesis i decided that i'll pursue my career in filmmaking soon after i am done with my studies and once i've paid all my debts. well, this idea didn't just pop out of nowhere. i've been considering it for quite a while. the roots go back to the days when people used to call me photographer. but now you are here to become a witness for future. a new era has just begun. you can call me a filmmaker :-)

why have i decided to start writing blog again after a long gap? because i tend to forget things. my browser favourite list is full with useful links related to filmmaking articles, books, the equipment, reviews etc. often i need to go back to the stuff to remember what i read before. and i hate to read the same stuff again and again. so better i thought should compile my conclusions somewhere (here?). not to forget i'll be also writing about my two other passions. photography and biking.

so, from now on i shall write my day to day progress on the way to be a filmmaker. i should make a point here that i suck in writing. really. and to be honest i don't enjoy writing either. i am more of a visual person. i like pictures. but perhaps i should let my thoughts flow free without any bothering. after all it is just a place to make random notes for myself. ofcourse others can read it too :-)

for now i dont have much to write except that today i haven't done much today. Read some reviews about steadicams. Merlin was my only choice until today I found Pilot. Nice thing about Pilot steadicam is that it is a complete system with steadicam vest, monitor, Iso-Elastic arm etc. for better control. but extra features does not come without a price difference. merlin vs pilot is 800 USD vs 3500 USD. hmmmm. perhaps i should first buy myself a camera then i can think about steadicam.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home